Nominations now being accepted for the position of:
AREA II RESIDENT-FELLOW MEMBER DEPUTY REPRESENTATIVE
TO THE ASSEMBLY OF THE DISTRICT BRANCHES OF THE
AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION, INC.
Interested Candidates Must Submit:
* A letter of interest
* A Curriculum Vitae
* A letter of support from your Residency Training Director/Chair
indicating you will have time to serve
* Two letters from members of your local District Branch
Additional information is posted below.
MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 3, 2014
See your Residency Training Director for more information
RFM DEPUTY REPRESENTATIVE TO THE ASSEMBLY
1. Represents Area II RFMs (New York State) in the Assembly of District Branches of the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
2. Represents interests of RFMs in the Assembly and the Area II Council.
3. Informs the Assembly and the New York State Psychiatric Association of issues of significance to RFMs.
4. Attends Assembly meetings in November and May.
5. Attends Area II Council meetings.
6. May serve on components (Task Force & Committees) of the Assembly and the New York State Psychiatric Association.
7. Is elected for a two year term with succession to RFM Representative in the second year. The two year term begins immediately after the APA Annual Meeting. In the second year, the RFM Deputy Representative succeeds to the position of RFM Representative.
8. Is available for at least six weekdays per year to fulfill these responsibilities.
9. Organizes and attends Area II RFM meetings.
1. Candidates must have at least two years of training (including post residency fellowship) in Area II remaining at the time of election.
2. At the time of recommendation for nomination, a candidate must be either a Member in Training of the APA or have submitted an application. The successful candidate must be a Resident-Fellow Member when the term of office begins.
3. Candidates must submit Curriculum Vitae, a statement of interest and intent to fill the two year term of office and two letters of recommendation from local district branch members. The training director’s letter may count as one letter provided the director is a member of the local district branch.
4. Residency training directors or department chairpersons must write a letter stating that, if elected, the RFM will be excused from clinical responsibilities for at least six (6) weekdays per year and be allowed to honor this two year commitment as part of training.
Residents who wish to be recommended for nomination may recommend themselves or be recommended by a local district branch member, their training director or a residents’ group.
The following material must be submitted in the applications:
1. A statement of interest from the resident that includes a statement of intent to serve the two year term.
2. A letter of support from the training director or chair stating that the resident, if elected, will be allowed to honor this two year commitment as part of training and that the resident has at least two years remaining in training. (For the residents who are accepted into a fellowship, this letter is to come from the director of the fellowship.)
3. Letters of recommendation from two district branch members. (The training director’s letter may count as one letter provided the director is a member of the local district branch.)
Please send all material to:
New York State Psychiatric Association, Inc.
400 Garden City Plaza, Suite 202
Garden City, New York 11530
All material must be received by February 3, 2014
If you have any questions, please call:
Kendra Campbell, M.D.
RFM Representative to the Assembly 2013-2014
Kandace McAlister Licciardi, M.D.
RFM Deputy Representative to the Assembly 2013-2014